Prinsep Street was originally Flint Street (named after Captain William Flint, brother in law of Sir Stamford Raffles. However, in 1858, the Municipal Council decided to rename it Prinsep Street after a nutmeg plantation owner, Charles H Prinsep. The current Flint Street near Battery Road was named in 1862. Prinsep Street once housed the Salmon Maternity Home. A Google search still yields a Salmon Clinic, at the same address -- 110, Prinsep Street.
Wonder why the Lor Payah signboard (and the Stop sign) are stuck in the middle of this construction site at Prinsep Street :) There is a Lorong Payah nearby, but it already has its own sighboard.